Wednesday, February 29, 2012
FED:National Newslist for Tuesday, Dec 28
AAP General News (Australia)
FED:National Newslist for Tuesday, Dec 28
AAP's National Newslist for Tuesday (not for publication). This is a guide only and stories
are subject to change. AAP's news editors can be contacted on 02 93228611/8610.
- The central Queensland town of Theodore is underwater and almost the entire population
will be evacuated.
- More residents across flooded Queensland have been plucked to safety in a series of
swift water rescues.
- Brisbane and up to 30 rural Queensland towns are facing flood alerts as river levels
surge to near record-breaking levels, forcing mass evacuations in some areas.
- Outwatching for more.
- Business groups are concerned the government's paid parental leave (PPL) scheme will
place unnecessary red tape on employers.
- Unions comments.
- Federal Families Minister Jenny Macklin to launch scheme in Melbourne (1045 AEDT)
- 11yo girl is recovering in hospital after being shot in thigh by man who knocked on
her front door in Sydney's southwest. Police believe gunman became frustrated and fired
indiscriminately when told a person he was looking for didn't live there. Police presser
to come (1145 AEDT). Outwatching for developments.
- The navigator onboard Sydney to Hobart line honours favourite Wild Oats XI says the
yacht is in calm seas as she heads south along the Tasmanian coast with a healthy lead.
(filed on sports wire, KE: Sail SydHob)
- Outwatching for developments in annual Sydney to Hobart yacht race.
- Prime Minister Julia Gillard attends the South Australian Proclamation Day Ceremony.
- Flood watch.
- The maritime union says strike does not mark return to industrial confrontation on wharfs.
- Scientists say recent wet conditions reflect short-term climate variability, not longer-term
climate change trends.
- Outwatching for more on girl shot by gunman who knocked on the door of her southwestern
Sydney home. Police presser, to come (1145 AEDT)
- Almost two hundred people have been evacuated from flood-affected areas in NSW, and
another 800 are isolated by floodwaters; Flood impact on Hay and New England Highway.
Outwatching for more on Floods NSW.
- Police divers are searching creeks surrounding the area where a man with an intellectual
disability has been missing for almost two days.
- A man and woman are in hospital after being stabbed during an altercation between two
groups on a western Sydney street. Outwatching for anything more.
- Checking on status of Qantas passengers stuck in US where bad weather has caused flight
- Outwatching on MCG crowd behaviour.
- Sydney to Hobart yacht race coverage.
- Outwatching flood and bushfire situation.
MELBOURNE - Preview of the week ahead on the Australian stock market.
MELBOURNE - How the Australian dollar traded during Tuesday's Asian session.
MELBOURNE - Fourth Test, Australia v England, MCG, day 3.
BRISBANE - Qld cricket team presser for T20 Big Bash import Michael Lumb.
DURBAN, South Africa - The bowlers of South Africa and India took it in turns to cause
carnage as 18 wickets fell for 245 runs on the second day of the second Test at Kingsmead
on Monday. (Cricket India Stumps Update) Wrap to come
HOBART - The navigator onboard Sydney to Hobart line honours favourite Wild Oats XI
says the yacht is in calm seas as she heads south along the Tasmanian coast with a healthy
SYDNEY - Socceroos coach Holger Osieck to name his 23-man squad for the Asian Cup, 1800.
ADELAIDE - Preview Adelaide United v Sydney FC.
LONDON - Arsenal regained second place in the Premier League with a 3-1 win over Chelsea
that dealt a blow to the champions' title hopes in a dramatic London derby at the Emirates
Stadium on Monday. (Soccer English) Wrap to come
MELBOURNE - More Australian Open wildcards expected to be announced.
BRISBANE - Question mark over whether young gun Bernard Tomic will get final wildcard
for the Brisbane International.
SYDNEY - Looking ahead to Saturday's Tattersall's Cup meeting at Randwick.
MELBOURNE - Cover Sandown race meeting.
MELBOURNE - Throw forward to Saturday's Flemington meeting featuring the time-honoured
Bagot and Standish Handicaps.
KEYWORD: NATIONAL NEWSLIST
� 2010 AAP Information Services Pty Limited (AAP) or its Licensors.